Monday, March 18, 2013

Our Journey Part 6

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

I got a call that next week on Friday...saying that my doctor wanted to go ahead and remove the Polyp.

SURGERY.

I havent had real surgery (anesthesia and the whole she-bang) since I was 10.

I was nervous to say the least, but again, my confidence in my Doctor out won any nervousness i had.

But here's the kicker. They called Friday afternoon...and need to schedule it for MONDAY if we wanted to try and get pregnant for that month.

That's fast. But we decided that this will be better for me and us getting pregnant in the long run.

So i scheduled it. Jace couldn't get work off, so my mom came to the rescue again. I needed a driver to take me home and make sure i didn't make any important decisions for at least 24 hours.

We went in, I was prepped. I got my IV in (apparently my hand veins are not as wonderful as my elbow veins), did all the paper work, got my gown, socks, and hairnet on.

I was led into the operation room. So bright, so white...so full of male nurses. Lol, i didn't expect that.

They started covering me with heavy, warm blankets...and it was cold and rainy out that day, so i was in heaven.

My anesthesiologist was so nice. He was older and sweet...and i love old men. He asked about what I do for a living...and thats the last thing I remember before waking up in recovery.

I saw my Doctor for about 5 seconds before he zoomed out to talk to my mom. He told me they found a surprise...a 2nd polyp hiding behind the other one. So they took both, and cleared me out.

His nurses made a follow up appointment for a week. That was going to be for another ultrasound to see how i was healing as well as if I had any more follicles grow to start our trigger and do the next step we were choosing to do...no timed intercourse this next time for us.

We were going to do the IUI.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Surgery! That was quick. I hope you have recovered and that it is successful!

    ReplyDelete

If you are new to this blog (or not!), comment and don't be shy! I would love to hear from you!! Also...please don't say anything mean. There is no need for me to want to high five people...in the face...with chairs. mmmmk??