Sunday, November 18, 2012

Why?

Why do the Holiday's not only seem to be able to bring out the ugly in situations, but also seem to create MAJOR stress?

Is it too much to ask to have a stress free Holiday season?

Jace has come to hate Christmas.

I'm ALWAYS super sick---from stress---and then it LINGERS for like 2 months.

I love my family, and i love their traditions.

I married into a family that love their traditions as well.

I have been trying my best every year to make it work where we celebrate equally with our families WHILE trying to create new traditions for me and jace and our future family.

Its chaotic. Its sometimes painful. Its always stressful. And no matter what, SOMEONE is always feeling like they got the short end of the stick.

And I'm sick of it! Any advice for people who live in the same area as both sets of families? How do you make it work?

3 comments:

  1. Andrew and I have a deal that Thanksgiving is with his family and Christmas is with mine. At least the main events. This year, we're doing dinners with both families but at differing times so we get all families covered. His parents usually go on vacation for Christmas so that one's easy for us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the same boat. What we do now though is to switch between both families every year, so, for example, this year is Thanksgiving with my family and Christmas with his, and then next year it'll be the opposite. I still find it stressful (especially at Christmas) because both families want to spend time with us, and so it's hard to make everyone happy...and I'm usually the one that gets the "blame" when things don't work out for one family or the other because I'm the one who voices the decisions...it sucks. I'm contemplating just doing our own thing, as our own family, and making our own traditions, and we'll see the other families when we see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we almost did our holidays seperate a few years back bc we fought so much! It sucks, but we have to do it even steven! No favoring sides. and we do miss some awesome things but nobody can be mad because its fair. Its The life of natives...

    ReplyDelete

If you are new to this blog (or not!), comment and don't be shy! I would love to hear from you!! Also...please don't say anything mean. There is no need for me to want to high five people...in the face...with chairs. mmmmk??