Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sleeping Beauty I am NOT

I am no stranger to the difficulties of falling asleep.

The year before I met and married Jace, I struggled MAJORLY with insomnia. 

So bad that I literally COULD NOT sleep. AT ALL. FOR DAYS.

I went to the Dr. and he prescribed sleeping pills...which i did NOT feel good about taking.

So I started taking a little Benadryl at night...i figured people take it every day for allergies, and it always makes me drowsy, so that might be the best and safest option. My Dr. agreed.

So I took Benadryl every night for a year. There were multiple times I tried to sleep without it, but I soon found I was a bit dependent on it.

Then I planned a wedding. And I was so exhausted by the planning, going to school through it, and then the wedding...2 weeks after we were married I was able to start sleeping WITHOUT any "medical aid". 

We've been married for 3 years now...and only very RARELY do i need that extra little push into dreamland.

HOWEVER. 

This last week has turned me into SLEEPING- DEPRIVED- UNBEAUTY. Seriously. I have gotten only  4-5 hours of sleep every night...and I'm still waking up almost every hour. But then on Saturday, I had gotten very little sleep and was up really early, worked like mad cleaning a gross house, and then cleaning my less-gross apartment, and then...miracle of all miracles...i crashed HARD and slept for 10 hours STRAIGHT. I thought that my sleeplessness streak was broken!

False. 

Sunday night i was up every hour again.

So. Last night i turned to my trusty friend...Benadryl. And i slept soundly. All night. 

I'm really hoping that I'm not going to get into a bad pattern that i'll have to break. I just want to sleep. 
Is that too much to ask?!?!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds horrible. I'm so sorry. If anything, I have the opposite problem. I can't stay awake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take Benedryl nightly and read where that is safe to do as long as you don't have allergic reactions or something..I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete

If you are new to this blog (or not!), comment and don't be shy! I would love to hear from you!! Also...please don't say anything mean. There is no need for me to want to high five people...in the face...with chairs. mmmmk??