Monday, April 22, 2013

Katie McGuire

My best friend married her sweetheart yesterday. FINALLY!!! They have been planning this wedding for over a year! I would've gone crazy with all that time, but they did it and it turned out beautifully.

Katie and her step momma Terri

The matrons of honor trying to get the veils in.

Husband and Wife--finally!

Just before the ceremony! 


Katie looked like an angel...she was seriously so beautiful.

The ceremony was very nice, Christ centered, and their Pastor was awesome and funny.

Pictures seemed to take forever!!, but hopefully they all turn out just as she wants them!

They had the ceremony, then a cocktail hour, then the toast portion (yes, i gave a toast), then dinner, then the  dancing reception started.

It was a very long, but very fun day. To prove it, my feet are covered in blisters and as soon as I laid down last night--i passed out and didnt wake up until 8 this morning.

I thought that I would include my toast in here...for future posterity...because i'm sure they'll all love to hear about how much their mom loves their aunt Katie and how i cried in front of all of those people while giving it. :)

"Almost 15 years ago, I sat in my English class looking for a friend. I really needed one at that point. We were working in groups and there was one girl that I knew i could be friends with, but I was too chicken to go up and talk to her. Later that day when I found out we were playing in the same orchestra and she played the violin too, I felt like it was fate. I got up my courage and asked her to have lunch with me. We instantly became good friends--discovering a mutual love of Nsync, rainbow sprinkles, CDs, Instant messenger (when it was cool), and a thousand other little things. Over the next 6 years, we became best friends. And if you dont believe me, Katie made these shirts for us one Christmas  that say 'Andrea and Katie Best Friends since 1999.' Our friendship was complete with secret notebooks and even our own language. I never had a sister growing up, and I feel like Katie filled that void in my life. We shared almost every weekend together with pool parties at her house, slumber parties galore, annual Christmas parties at my house, tons of junk food, late night runs to go get ice cream, wondering the malls, and some serious slap happy giggle fits. We've gone through alot together--school, road trips, first kisses, first loves, graduations, illness' in our families, college, and finally finding our own true loves. I don't know Adam very well, but I know he must be a great guy because Katie loves him. And I know he must be a smart guy, because he chose Katie. 4 Years ago, I married my own sweetheart and was so blessed to have Katie by my side--and today I'm proud to be here by hers. I'm so happy that you found one another! Adam, take good care of our girl, shes a special one. And  Katie: allabi lallabove yallabou. Raise your glasses to Katie and Adam!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are new to this blog (or not!), comment and don't be shy! I would love to hear from you!! Also...please don't say anything mean. There is no need for me to want to high five people...in the face...with chairs. mmmmk??