Saturday, December 15, 2012

on Fast Forward.

Does life seem to be ZOOMING by, like we are on fast forward?

I feel like I blinked and it went from November to Dec 15th. Christmas is in 10 days.

10 DAYS.

((oh. and also, the world is going to end for the 2nd time in just 6 days.))
just a little FYI.


Things have been chaotic and kind of a pain here on my end of things...
but I've been going back to my November days of Gratitude and reading...and then re-reading...
and then days like yesterday happen. 
Where poor, innocent, and lovely children are victims of horrible, heinous crimes. 
Where parents, siblings, grandparents, extended families, and friends are 
mourning the loss of family members. 

Puts things in perspective. And you always hope it doesn't take something like this to realize how blessed you are, but it always seems to hit me like a ton of bricks. 
I'm not a mom, but I am an aunt. To beautiful, vibrant, enthusiastic children. 
I am a sister, daughter, and wife.

And I am just so grateful for who and what I have---I could just burst.

I feel sorrow for the families who mourn...but I know that the Lord has taken those who were lost, up into his arms and is loving them and keeping them safe. They are away from all bad, horrible, and heinous things.
So, be sad that you don't have them, but be grateful that they are in such good hands.
Love and prayers to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are new to this blog (or not!), comment and don't be shy! I would love to hear from you!! Also...please don't say anything mean. There is no need for me to want to high five people...in the face...with chairs. mmmmk??