Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Color, oh my!

Blog Challenge Day 6: flowers you had and colors you chose!

My wedding was smack dab in the middle of October.
And that generally means pretty reds, oranges, greens, browns....
Well, not if you live in Mesa, AZ.
It was the hottest day of the month on my wedding day.
The grass was dying all around from the heat.
The leaves were still all on the trees.

And so, i didnt want to do the traditional Fall colors. But i also couldnt do bright springy/summer colors either. The flower bill wouldve been astronomical! So i chose a more...traditional winter pallet.

RED. BLACK. WHITE.

Old Hollywood. You know. :)

I wanted Roses and just roses, and how i loved them. My bouquet was HUGE and red. My bridesmaids had white. The groomsmen had white roses, my husband had red. And I had red roses on every table, on top of my wedding cake, i had a topiary tree at the sign in table and i LOVED IT.

My cake was supposed to be white with black piping and red roses on top...when i got to the church i saw it. WHITE WITH RED PIPING AND RED ROSES. good thing the red matched. and good thing i have a good sense of humor. i couldve been real upset.

UM. oh yeah. hai. We bough red and black beta fish to have around too. I'm cool like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are new to this blog (or not!), comment and don't be shy! I would love to hear from you!! Also...please don't say anything mean. There is no need for me to want to high five people...in the face...with chairs. mmmmk??