Sunday, June 16, 2013

twenty-six on the fifteenth

I turned another year older today. 


I also spent a good portion of the day by myself.

In that time alone, I sat quietly...with no music or tv. Just me in the quiet.

I like that.

I like that I have time to think. Room to think. Room to breathe.

I've been sick a lot this past half year. Sick in the physical sense and sick at heart.

I also have learned a lot about prayer, faith, and having strength to move forward.

I've learned more about myself as well. 

I've learned that I'm strong...sensitive...and a risk taker.

I've learned that my husband is my rock. I've learned to lean on him, and trust him more than I ever have.

I had a very sad and hard day yesterday...but today on my birthday, I celebrated happiness. 

My husband was very attentive to me and my feelings and my family showered me with love.

It was a great day. I don't mind getting older. I love my birthday. 




Here's to the next year being better than this last, and me learning just as much about myself as I did this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are new to this blog (or not!), comment and don't be shy! I would love to hear from you!! Also...please don't say anything mean. There is no need for me to want to high five people...in the face...with chairs. mmmmk??