Monday, December 27, 2010

A picture-less Christmas

Jace and I are blessed to have family so close to us. I'm pretty sure we would die without them for very long (or you know be super sad and lonely)...our families are our best friends. The holidays are especially happy for Jace when his sister Jen and her hubs Ken come into town. Now, this makes things a little complicated. You see, the Wights and the Hunts have the same kind of traditions (and generally at the same time!) yikes. And neither of us is willing to say "we'll do off years. your family one year and yours the next..."--when both sets of families are 5 minutes away from each other! So we try to split things as best as we can. We end up going back and forth alot. Last year I think i stressed myself sick.


For Christmas Eve and Day last year I brought my camera along. It was my very first one with Jace's family and as a married person. But i got so super sick that i didnt use it. not ONCE. others took my camera and captured some moments...but i remember wishing i had more documentation. I vowed to do better the next Christmas.

and i'm true to my word. to others. apparently... to myself... not so much.

i COMPLETELY FORGOT my camera. altogether. as in---no documentation whatsoever! gah! blast!
and this year i didnt get sick! that in and of itself was a Christmas miracle.

This year was fun. We got up Christmas eve morning to have a "surprise" breakfast with Melanie! (my new SIL's bday is the 24th) and we gave her a peaches n cream barbie!...Jace then left to go to work at UPS....i went to the hunts to make breakfast for them (my fabulous french toast and bacon. mmm)
after that i went to my moms and helped bake cookies and make fudge. By 4 i was back over to the hunts to help with dinner and start the "crepe paper ball" tradition! (its a long story that i'll explain later). Dinner was pretty cool---we had a fondu-esk dinner. We had to leave early so we could make it to the Wights at 730. However, I did play my violin for the Hunts before we left (not alot...and probably not well. but they have never heard me play).
We went to my parents and had a nice program--music and stories and laughter. What more could you ask for?

We got up and were at the Hunts at 7. early. yikes. and there was quite the hawl for the little kids. geez, i dont know if i've seen that many toys in a toy store! Grandma and Grandpa Hunt and cousin Logan were here with them this year and that was fun.

Then we jetted to breakfast at my uncles, and then hung out at my moms waiting to open presents. WE MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE WATCHED "HE-MAN SHE-RA CHRISTMAS" that we found on VHS. and by that...i mean we totally did! it rocked.

Mine and Jaces present to each other was our new TV. We got it when we moved into our new apartment months ago. Our other TV would have taken up the ENTIRE living area, so we figured that we needed a new skinnier tv. and its beautiful.

Jace and I were blessed with "loot" as well. A fan from his parents for our living room (yay!), a cool t-shirt/purse from jeff and mindy that get us free popcorn (and a cup for a free drink) all year at harkens, a date night out to applebees from josh and jamie, the train game (ticket to ride), and home movies/pictures put on DVD from Jen and Ken. Oh-- and Jace got the new Halo game from his cousin so that he could play online with them.
My parents gave us a Wii! and Donkey Kong Country (i wanted so bad), an exercise ball, mickey's christmas carol on dvd, some kitchen stuff that was badly needed, a sweatshirt and work out pants for me, a new church shirt and socks and sleeping bag for jace, salt and pepper shakers from my dad, joe gave us itunes money!, jeff and melanie were awesome and gave us monopoly (in the cool vintage box) and UP! on DVD.
We also got "shoe-money" for some new shoes...and i kind of used mine on a surprise that i'll take pictures of for the next post. sorry mom!

We were also blessed with starting out 72 hour kits for each other. My mom gave me my pack a few years ago. Jace got one for his bday...and we havent done anything to it. So my mom started us out by getting jace his sleeping bag (i have one) and then getting us alot of H2O that we are supposed to have.


We are so blessed to be part of these families. We are so blessed to be a part of the gospel of Jesus Christ and be members of His church. We are blessed to have each other.
and even though this was a picture-less Christmas...it doesnt matter. It was awesome and thats all the documentation that i need.
:)

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry Anadra I've got pictures. You can steal them from my blog when I get them up. Love you girly.

    ReplyDelete

If you are new to this blog (or not!), comment and don't be shy! I would love to hear from you!! Also...please don't say anything mean. There is no need for me to want to high five people...in the face...with chairs. mmmmk??