Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Life Lately and Random Thoughts

My brother Randy is in the ICU again with pneumonia and RSV.



I swear this has been one of the worst seasons for illness'. Nash just got over a 2 week horrible cough only to get what seems to be a cold. Jace had a cold that went into a sinus infection, i got a cold, joe and dad and jeff's whole family has been sick too. I have had 8 past newborn clients with babies who have RSV.

We just need it to go away!! Hopefully Randy will be out of the hospital and home soon. Poor bud. He has been so sick, for so long recently.

Its been rainy and cold, which hormonal hot Andrea loves, but her poor sick family has not loved so much. Nash hasnt gotten to be outside very much in the last 3 weeks. Every time I let him outside he started running or jumping and it started his horrible cough that he couldnt stop. So I basically have a bit of cabin fever going on.

We had friends over for the first time last week for dinner and games. They have 5 kids! and I gotta admit, it was a bit stressful at first. :) But fun. Shoot. I even won all 3 games and that has never happened in my entire life.



Jace has some health issues. His triglycerides are like quadruple the normal level, he has high cholesterol, and who knows what else. We are changing diets and thought processes over at our house. I hope he can get on board, because his life literally depends on it.

My blood pressure has been up and down (literally, like dwight schrute i can feel my blood pressure rising and falling ((he just commands it)) ).



My primary doctor put me back on medication before the holidays and I finally got to see my cardiologist today. The EKG looks great, we are going to do another ECHO but he doesnt think anything is wrong with my heart. Just like some women who develop gestational diabetes during pregnancy and then type 2 diabetes, women who have preeclampsia sometimes develop high blood pressure for life. It isnt fair, but mine is easily controlled with a small dose of medication, so my doctor is considering it a win. 

Also, his computer looked like this: "patient is obese"

and then I wanted to run out of the office crying and felt this overwhelming cloud of shame fly over me. I finally found an endocrinologist that i think will be able to help me get my hormones and insulin levels stablized. My last doctor wasnt helpful and wouldnt even see me (i saw his PA). The hardest part about this weight gain is THAT IT IS NOT MY DIET! I actually eat pretty healthy. I am pretty active as well. I eat small portions. But thanks to the flip flop of my insulin levels, no matter what I do without proper medication and a specialized diet I will not lose weight. But doctors dont know that. They just see the number, the BMI, and tell you to lose weight and sometimes make you feel really crummy. (My cardiologist didnt make me feel awful by any means, hes a sweet guy--but he still looked at the number and said LOSE WEIGHT.)



It was 3 years ago this week that I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. So weird.

I have a Relief Society night coming up next week that I'm in charge of decorating for. I'm a little stressed.

I have multiple newborn shoots this week. also stressful.

I accidently skipped my annual womens exam last year so i have that this week too.

Our tax appointment is the 14th and I've done NOTHING to prepare yet. Its always me too, Jace has no idea what would be needed or what to do. I take care of it. Stress!!



And my baby turns 3 in just 17 days. And I want to cry lots and lots of tears.



The end.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are new to this blog (or not!), comment and don't be shy! I would love to hear from you!! Also...please don't say anything mean. There is no need for me to want to high five people...in the face...with chairs. mmmmk??