Monday, January 2, 2017

2017

Ahhhhhhh.

The start of a new year.

Taking fresh, long breath after a LONG year!

This is the perfect time for new beginnings and goals.

I'm excited for 2017.

2016 was long and hard, with wonderful moments in-between. But I'm ready to move.

I found myself looking to take down my Christmas decorations BEFORE new years this year... for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE. I couldn't do it--I would have broken Nash's heart. Seriously. That boy LOVES Christmas.

I'm ready to move forward. There is lots I'm excited about for this next year. Lots of changes going to happen--both for me and Jace in our jobs and as well as in our family.

I absolutely adore my little boy, and by golly, I am going to do everything in my power to be there for him day in and day out, to experience life with him, to play with him more, to show him more, to be more present.

I fell into the same trap that every self employed person sets for themselves. I didn't set enough boundaries for my work and it found its way into every corner of my life. I was thinking about work when I wanted to be spending quality time with Nash. I was working--marketing, social media, and editing during all times of the day instead of "naptime and bedtime" like I originally promised myself.

Its all going to have to change. My priority is and always has been my family--my son. My first job is to be a good mom.

:)

Jace and I have big goals, that we are hoping to tackle this next year. And as we accomplish those, I'll be excited to share them with you.

Bottom line, I'm excited to START. Hiya 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are new to this blog (or not!), comment and don't be shy! I would love to hear from you!! Also...please don't say anything mean. There is no need for me to want to high five people...in the face...with chairs. mmmmk??