Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Reassurance

Over the last week I was given multiple reassurances from different people.

Some who knew the struggles I have been going through.

Others who had no clue.

One was from my Heavenly Father--as I prepared my talk that I gave ON Father's day on how I have developed a personal relationship with my Heavenly Father--I was given strength, comfort, and in my minds eye a spiritual hug from my Father. The talk went well, it all came together which was a miracle in itself.

In the middle of one of the hardest times I've gone through, I'm comforted to know that I am not alone, and that I am being led to better times by a Father who loves me. I have felt his Spirit on more times than I can count lately.

Second, was from an old friend who I haven't seen in person in about 10 years. She reached out to me, and let me know that she looked up to me and that she loved me. I love that girl. Whitni--you are one of the best people I know.

And third was yesterday. Nash has been very sick since Thursday. On Friday he was given a steroid shot to help him breathe better. Yesterday was his 15 month well check, and his doctor diagnosed him with croup and a stomach virus. Nash is in the 25th percentile for weight, 65th for height, and 50th for head circumference. He is talking, signing words, walking/running, and climbing things. His doctor was quite pleased. As he was leaving, he looked at me and said, "I just want you to know that you're doing a great job. Nash was a hard baby. I've been with you since the day he was born and through all the ups and downs he has had. Most people would look at you and say, "all babies are hard" or "you are just making it worse than it really is", but I want you to know--that as a doctor--Nash has been a HARD BABY. You've taken what was thrown at you well, you went with things and dealt with them as they presented themselves. I just want you to know that I am proud of you."

Holy crap. I love that pediatrician so much.

Its nice to be reassured that I'm doing what I'm supposed to and the best I can, especially when others make it seem like that is not the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are new to this blog (or not!), comment and don't be shy! I would love to hear from you!! Also...please don't say anything mean. There is no need for me to want to high five people...in the face...with chairs. mmmmk??