Sunday, May 8, 2011

My mommy




Happy Mothers Day Mom! I know you don't really read this, but i wanted to share some of my memories of you.

You were always there to talk to. I never needed to have a bunch of girl friends (who announced they were too cool for me anyways), i knew i always had my very best friend just waiting to chat with me about my day.

You taught me that I don't need to be perfect...something I'm trying very hard to this day to get through my head. But whenever I start freaking out about something, i hear your voice in my head telling me that i wanted to "quit kindergarten because i didn't know ANYTHING". "but that was the point of school", you'd say. "That's why we're here. To learn. Don't worry, you'll get it."

You made being the only girl fun. I could always count on you to go shopping with me or go get a jamba and talk. I knew that you were always going to give me your honest opinion. I treasure that.

You taught me to be honest, loyal, loving, respectful, modest, and to serve. You are always serving.

You love your family. Not just your husband and kids, but your sisters and brothers. You miss those who have gone before you, but you rejoice in knowing where they are and knowing that they are going to be waiting for you on the other side.

You love the color blue. Its the color of your eyes. Its the color of mine too.

You love the movies: Blackbeards Ghost, North Avenue Irregulars, Pillow Talk and Glass Bottom Boat. You love the TV shows: Murder She Wrote, Matlock, Andy Griffits, Remmington Steele, and the Price is Right with Bob Barker.
and i love all of those too.

You love the Cabin and Christmas. MUCHO!

You were so excited to welcome new people into our family. And you love Jace and Melanie like they were your own.

You cant wait to be a grandma.

You had your last baby on your 40th birthday. I didnt want Joe, i wanted a sister or to send him back. You told me he was special. Your special birthday present. I believed you. and now i love him lots too.
:)

Mom, you are amazing. and lots of other things. A whole book could be written about your love and service. But just let this suffice.
I love you.
ALOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are new to this blog (or not!), comment and don't be shy! I would love to hear from you!! Also...please don't say anything mean. There is no need for me to want to high five people...in the face...with chairs. mmmmk??