Friday, December 4, 2020

How we told our families

Doing IVF is so weird. You know the minute you get pregnant technically. Our families knew. I was on bed rest for 2 days. They knew we had a 2 week wait.

So, on the day we found out we bought a sweater at target that said "worth the wait". I took it to my mom and dads and showed my mom. Her response was "oh honey, you might want to hold off until you know...." then I raised my eyes at her and she started crying and jumped up to hug me. My dad gave me a hug and so did Jeff. Joe said congrats. 

Nash came home from school and when he walked in I whispered "guess what? We are pregnant!" He whispered back "did he really call and tell you that?!" He is so excited. He keeps talking about making sure the babies are safe.

The hunts were coming from Utah 2 days later so we held off and decided to tell them in person. I wore the sweater to see if anyone would notice (they did not lol). At first it was just Pop and Mindy, Pop asked, I had him read my sweater and he pumped his fists in the air. Mindy asked if she heard right and i said yes and she hugged me and started crying! Then Jeff, Kara, Josh, Jamie, and Jen trickled in and each one was surprised and so happy. It was a super fun night to spread around some good news. 

We haven't really told anyone else yet. Waiting for our ultrasounds to do so. 🥰

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are new to this blog (or not!), comment and don't be shy! I would love to hear from you!! Also...please don't say anything mean. There is no need for me to want to high five people...in the face...with chairs. mmmmk??