Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Fear. Anxiety. Joy.

Hoo boy.

Found out on Monday that I will be lucky to make it to 36 weeks pregnant.

My blood pressure SKYROCKETED on Monday.

All i had done was get up, get dressed, and go in to the doctor.

He was worried.

Once he had me lie down though, it went down...still high, but not too scary.

I had my mom and Jace with me.

We each asked questions.

Jace asked if we were making it though March.

My doctor did not think so. He said i think we'll induce at 36 weeks.

I asked about my urine sample. Up to that point there was no proteins...there were now. Jace asked what that meant. My doctor explained that my kidneys were shooting protein back out--that wasnt good for me or the baby.

I asked about work...my doctor said that I could work half days. But only if i laid down on my side for the rest of the day=partial bed rest.

My mom asked about my headaches---how bad they need to be before we do something. He said that if they last more than 2 hours and Tylenol doesnt help, then i have to go to the hospital.

We asked about our baby and the chances he would have being born 5 weeks early at only 5 pounds. My doctor said that he has seen babies born at 4 pounds go home without spending time in the NICU and others who are much more developed who have issues. It will all just depend on Nash. So far from what we can see, Nash is doing well.

So....we are freaking out. We thought we had at least a month to get everything ready. Now we are making last minute lists and trying to figure out what we need to do and what we need to have. We have major anxiety now realizing how very soon we will be parents and responsible for a life. However, we also are experiencing major joy....WE ARE FINALLY GOING TO BE PARENTS AND NASH WILL BE HERE SOON!

We'll keep you updated. I have another appointment later this week and we'll see!

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything goes well for you guys and Nash! You're in my prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are new to this blog (or not!), comment and don't be shy! I would love to hear from you!! Also...please don't say anything mean. There is no need for me to want to high five people...in the face...with chairs. mmmmk??