Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Nash turns 6 in Quarantine!

So Nash's 6th birthday had been in the planning stages since January.

He knew 3 things:
Who he wanted to invite (Shawn Kerrigan, Mason, Liam, Silas, Grey and Henry, Evan, and Maximus--from school)
What type of party: PIRATES!!
What type of cake: Chocolate with chocolate frosting!

I ordered lots of fun things, planned lots of fun little activities for the boys. Talked with the moms. Everything was set.

Then the coronavirus hit and sent our country into a lockdown "quarantine"...literally the week of Nash's birthday/party.

I, of course, postponed his party (but it doesnt look like it will be happening...we will just have to do it next year, hope he still likes pirates!) But my sweet little boy's world just got rocked. No one had done a quarantined birthday, so I had to make it up as I went. It was a very rainy day which was a bummer. But I had Jace make Nash a big breakfast of pancakes, bacon, and eggs (his favorites!), we downloaded new video games for him and Jace and I played for a LONG while, I made his birthday signs of course, we gave him his new bat early and we went to a park (before those were shut down) and played for hours! We visited Papa at work (through a window), got neds to go for lunch (you could only do to go from places!) We then got Barros to go for dinner and went to gramma and papa's house (before we quarantined for good) to open presents. I made his chocolate with chocolate cake and we had a good time.

(going to bed, last night of being 5!)









(Ned's at the park on a cold and rainy quarantined day!)

(He was SO pumped to be in coach pitch...before all of this and before baseball was cancelled, we bought him a bat of his own for his birthday. We broke it in with batting practice!)

(He kept calling himself a "slugger!" It was adorable.)


(Before we started staying away from Gramma and Papa's house...he had to celebrate his special day with them and pizza!)

(Some of his "loot"! Lots of books, legos, flashcards, math games, shark stuff...it all helped to keep him entertained and doing homeschool stuff during quarantine!)



He said he loved his birthday, and I really hope he did.

He is my very best thing. I love that kid so much and I hope he always knows that.

I am your biggest fan and supporter Nash! You are smart and kind, you love hard, you are so inquisitive, you want everyone to be your friend, you have a great imagination, you love your family, and you always try your best! All fantastic qualities!! Being your mom is my favorite thing I've ever done! Dont you forget that you are my BFF forever!! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are new to this blog (or not!), comment and don't be shy! I would love to hear from you!! Also...please don't say anything mean. There is no need for me to want to high five people...in the face...with chairs. mmmmk??