Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A new year=trying to be a better me.

I've never been one for "new years resolutions". I think they are kind of hokey. I mean, how many people ACTUALLY do all of the things on their lists. I think we get over-zealous and make a list of unrealistic goals.

Last new years, i was freshly married. With lots of good intentions and ideas for our life together. I sat down with J to make new years resolutions. yes, yes i became a resie. (thats what i call them)
Honestly, i had down 5 things.
Get down to a certain weight (fail...epically), change my name (accomplished!), get mine and jace's passports (accomplished!), go to school every day unless its an emergency (MAJOR FAIL), and keep my journal consistant--write at least 2 times a week (i failed at that goal but i did MUCH better on my journal writing than i have up to this point)

jace had one goal and didnt do it.

as a couple we had 3 goals.
communicate effectively--its an ongoing goal.
go to the temple 2 times a month. as sad as this is, we failed.
and spending out money more wisely...we ended up pretty even on this one.

THIS YEAR:
Mine:
work out 3 times a week.
eat healthier
do 1 big craft
read the book of mormon by myself
get a job
get certified in eyelash extentions

i wont put jaces on here.

our couple ones are a tab more realistic than last year i think:
go to the temple ONCE a month
read the BOM together everyday
have morning and nightly prayer
take a trip to the cabin together
start a baby fund

GIT 'ER DONE!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck in reaching your goals this year! I am pro resolutions in general...as long as they are in the realm of possibility. Life is tough enough without setting yourself up to fail. So, go get 'em Tiger!

    ReplyDelete

If you are new to this blog (or not!), comment and don't be shy! I would love to hear from you!! Also...please don't say anything mean. There is no need for me to want to high five people...in the face...with chairs. mmmmk??