Friday, January 14, 2011

in-debted

DEBT. that is SUCH an ugly word. blah.
I came into our marriage with some debt from school.
Jace came into our marriage with some credit card debt AND the not so little debt made by the purchase of my beautiful wedding ring.

We have heard the counsel from the prophet and from our parents and older siblings about hurrying to get out of debt as soon as we could. We know that they are wise and the counsel is invaluable.

Especially as we have been jobless for awhile now...paying down debt has been harder...luckily we also heeded the counsel to have a savings account. While it wasnt much, it pretty much has saved our lives. and we have been able to continue paying down our debt.

As we have been married, we have slowly payed off one of jace's credit cards, maintaining mine, and slowly but surely paying off my ring.
Every time i look at her i wonder if she was worth it. and then i sigh and play with it in the light and remember, yeah. she was.



Jace picked it out himself. He knew just what i would like. Nothing flashy, fairly simple, pretty. And he nailed it. Its beautiful.

Well folks. Today is the day that my ring is FREE AND CLEAR of all costs. I just payed the last bill. It was more than we normally pay a month, but we were so close...i bit the bullet this morning.

Goodbye Jared bill. I will not miss you!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for getting out of debt!! Your ring is so beautiful too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!!! I know the feeling (not on the ring because Ken bought it right out on amazon) but we had to survive on credit cards and havn't been in a position to dig out until last month. Slowly but surely we will eat the big old debt monster. Congrats I know that is a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete

If you are new to this blog (or not!), comment and don't be shy! I would love to hear from you!! Also...please don't say anything mean. There is no need for me to want to high five people...in the face...with chairs. mmmmk??